- A thyroid scan is a specialized imaging procedure that helps better understand how the thyroid gland is functioning and also helps in detecting any problem that the thyroid gland might have.
- This test is usually done with an iodine tracker that helps examine the functioning of the gland.
- The camera attached to the device that is used to observes the thyroid gland with the help of an iodine tracker.
- The test is used to detect the following.
– Lumps, nodules and other growth
– Swelling or inflammation
– Thyroid cancer