- Vaginal Candidiasis: Betadine ointment effectively brings relief as well as prevents fungal infections of the vagina. At times healthcare providers prescribe Betadine in combination with other medicines to achieve better results.
- Minor wounds: Betadine ointment prevents and treats the infection on the skin. This medicine works well as first aid and antiseptic for blisters, grazes, cuts, burns, and abrasions.
- Oral infections: Betadine ointment can effectively heal and prevent infections in the mouth.
- Skin disinfectant: Betadine works as a good sanitizer on a patient’s skin before a surgical procedure.
- Sore throat: Betadine gargle solution gives relief to a sore throat as well as other oral infections.
- Leg ulcers: Regular application of Betadine can treat leg ulcers