- In addition to water, urine also carries waste products that your kidneys have filtered out of your blood.
- If the urine is dark yellow, it means that the proportion of waste is more in the urine than water.
- You may be suffering from dehydration and need to drink more water.
Dark brown urine
Caused by foods
Dark brown urine is caused by certain foods. Some of them that can cause your urine to go brown is:
Caused by medical conditions
- Bleeding in your urinary tract
- Urinary tract infections
- Kidney disorders
- Porphyrias, a group of rare, inherited conditions that affect hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying protein in blood
- Severe dehydration