What can you do if you are COVID-19 positive: Practical coping tips

First of all, there is no cause for panic yet. According to the WHO report, about 80% of the infected persons are asymptomatic or with the milder form of the disease. Only the other 20% are admitted in Covid facilities for treatment. 15% Covid positive patients need ICU care and 5% need ventilation too for helping the patient to breathe. Make sure to take care of your mental health during COVID-19.

Make a quick self-check and list out your symptoms. Calm down and approach the problem with a positive attitude. Check if you have these signs and symptoms of COVID-19.

The COVID-19 infection manifests in 3 ways:

  • Asymptomatic, with no visible symptoms such as fever, cough, cold, diarrhoea etc… You could easily pass by even the check points in airports and other public places.
  • Mild symptoms, with low grade fever, a cold maybe and small signs like tastelessness.
  • Full blown infection with a cold, a racking cough, breathlessness, diarrhoea, muscular aches and a high temperature.

The next step is to approach a medical practitioner – maybe your personal doctor or one from your local clinic. Any further action must be taken only under the advice of a medical authority. There are many doctors who are now available through tele-medicine. You could call them through audio or visual lines to explain your symptoms. The doctor will ask you to take a test for the virus.