Promote heart health
- Omega-3 fatty acids are effective in managing heart problems.
- They reduce triglycerides and cholesterol levels.
- This helps in the reduction of plaque formation, which is known to obstruct the normal blood flow and cause pressure.
Omega-3 treats psychological problems
- Studies have indicated that people suffering from these psychological problems tend to have lower levels of omega-3 fatty acids and hence there seems to be a clear indication that reduced levels may lead to psychological problems.
- Studies have also indicated that omega-3 fatty acids are effective in delaying the onset of Alzheimer disease and dementia associated with old age.
Manage autoimmune diseases
- Studies have indicated that when a person consumes omega-3 fatty acid regularly during the early part of their lives are safer in avoiding this deadly disease.
- So, it is advised to consume foods containing omega-3 regularly to avoid autoimmune disease.
- Extensive studies have been conducted to know the effects of omega-3 fatty acid on cancer cells.
- It is known to enhance the cancer-fighting abilities of curcumin that is present in turmeric.
Promote healthy bones
- Studies have indicated that omega-3 fatty acid is known to enhance the absorption of calcium by enhancing the effects of vitamin D.
- Supplementing the diet with an adequate amount of omega-3 fatty acid is helpful in promoting healthy bones.