If your blister has not popped yet
- Do not try to burst or pop your blister.
- Make sure that it is left open to breathe or covered loosely.
- Wear protective shoes or socks to make sure that your blister does not pop – if is it on your foot.
- If your blister is on any other part of your body; take caution so that it does not burst.
If your blister has popped
- Make sure to wash your hands and the blister with warm water.
- Dab it dry and do not rub it.
- Use an iodine or hydrogen peroxide solution to clean the blister.
- Leave the blister open to heal naturally or cover it with a loose bandage, till it heals.
- If the blister still continues to drain pus, visit your doctor to get an antibiotics course prescribed.