Paneer is a milk product, while tofu is a soy product. Paneer when made with full fat dairy, is very soft due to the high fat content, whereas tofu can vary from being soft, to firm and has a smoother, ‘silken’ texture. Soft tofu may have the lowest fat content, therefore it is easy to digest and more likely to contain more nutrients that are absorbed by the body.
- Tofu is a much healthier option than paneer.
- 100 grams of tofu has about 60-65 calories, while 100 grams of paneer may have about 260 calories.
- Iron content in tofu is more than that of paneer.
- Both have sufficient amount of protein content.
- It is recommended like tofu for people who are looking to lose weight and want to have light food.
For more details, visit the source