- This is gauged by the force that can be exerted by a muscle or a combination of muscles in your body.
- Muscular strength can be increased by lifting weights, and by lifting more weights in the same amount of time, you may be able to increase your muscle strength further.
- The range of motion that is available to a joint in the body is referred to as flexibility.
- CrossFit actually recommends dynamic stretches over static stretches to promote greater flexibility.
- The ability of the body to gather, process, and deliver energy is referred to as stamina.
- Of course, stamina can be increased the old-fashioned way—by running a marathon.
- Power is a measure of the force exerted by your muscles in a specified period.
- Here, your strength is important and the time is also considered.
- Your speed is measured by the rate at which you are able to repeat an exercise or activity.
- CrossFit makes use of sprint drills, which involve short, timed sprints.