The modern-day living can be best described as a delusional attempt to live longer and fuller lives, while simultaneously having an unnatural relationship with the environment. This lifestyle is rife with bad habits. We were always eating fresh and natural produce. And millions of years of surviving and thriving this way, our bodies got used to this kind of healthy and active living. Comparatively, what we are subjecting to our bodies today borders close to inhuman. This modern lifestyle has become the source of all our bodily malfunctioning.
1. Heart and hypertension
- Heart diseases or cardiovascular ailments is actually an umbrella term describing all the ailments related to heart rhythms, heart defects, coronary artery, and blood vessels. Not to mention, tobacco consumption (smoking, chewing, snuffing), alcohol, illicit use of drugs, and obesity are the primary elements which render our blood vessel and heart weak. Physical inactivity alone is responsible for 30% of all ischemic heart diseases.
2. COPD – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Refers to the ailments of the respiratory tract caused by the poor flow of oxygen within the body. This is progressive in nature.
- Tobacco smoking and environmental pollution are the leading causes of this disease.
- Also, obesity can also add to restricted breathing since the excess weight puts more pressure on the lungs and heart. In COPD, the airways in the lungs get blocked or collapse.
3. Lifestyle diseases in the kidneys and liver
- High-blood pressure can trigger kidney diseases. Also, the deadly combination of poor diet, smoking, obesity, and physical inactivity can make you three times more vulnerable to chronic kidney disease.
- Similarly, obesity has strong links to kidney cancer, chronic kidney disease, and end-stage renal disease.
- Not following your body’s circadian rhythm and increased blood sugar are also close indicators of bad kidney health.