Polyphenols offer exceptional health benefits. Too much of these substances have their own bad effects.
- Some studies point to the result of kidney damage in mice.
- It is also said that excess polyphenols can alter the thyroid hormone (a hormone that is responsible for metabolism) production.
- In some cases, grapefruit juice is also proven to interfere with some medications.
- Cancer-causing results are reported in the cases of excess polyphenols.
- Excess polyphenols interfere with the estrogen hormone (a hormone responsible for the development and regulation of the female reproductive system) activity too.
- Excessive polyphenol content can even destroy genetic material.