Follow these easy and effective science-backed techniques for getting a perfect sleep.
(1) You are what you eat (or don’t eat)
- Your sleep’s worst enemies are caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol.
- Interestingly, caffeine’s effect on our body is opposite to that of melatonin.
(2) Go herbal or go home
- For people who find insomnia or sleep-deprivation haunting them for months and years, the best solution is to include certain natural remedies designed to attain better sleep.
- Valerian root is one of the most widely prescribed herbal remedies for inducing sleep naturally.
(3) Hush the electronic noises
- We know that bedtime is when you get to browse through your Facebook and Instagram feeds or just spend some moments “Netflixing ”
- Hence, the biggest change you can bring to getting a perfect sleep is by ditching your phones, laptops, and tabs before bed and opting to read a book instead.
(4) Find the underlying psychological cause
- 65%-90% patients with depression also suffer from insomnia.
- 50% of all individuals diagnosed with anxiety issues are finding it difficult to fall asleep.
- CBT or Cognitive Behavior Theory helps an individual get in touch with the underlying root cause which might be responsible for sleepless nights.
- A subsequent treatment for such condition will not only improve your quality of sleep, but also the mental health overall.
(5) Get moving!
- Exercising and physical activities are closely tied to many vital bodily functions including our sleeping patterns.
- Studies have revealed that performing aerobic exercises (30 minutes per day) can significantly decrease the amount of time required to fall asleep and improve its overall quality.