Avoid stagnant water around your home
- As discussed earlier, mosquitoes need stagnant water to breed.
- It can be any type of stagnant water that includes pools, water drains, old tires accumulating rainwater, etc.
- If there is water that stays stagnant for a week, there is a high possibility that it can become a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
Try some repellents
- You can choose to use insect repellent when venturing outdoors.
- Since mosquitoes select their prey with higher body odor and increased carbon dioxide emissions, exercising outdoors should be avoided.
Caution while traveling
- If you are planning to go out on vacation, you need to take a complete survey regarding the risk of mosquito-borne illness at your vacation spot.
- Your healthcare provider can give you some vaccines to prevent certain mosquito-borne illness such as yellow fever and malaria.
- It is important to pack your insect repellent and use them whenever applicable.