Cholesteatoma cannot be completely prevented but its intensity can be reduced by seeking timely medical assistance
- Awareness among parents about cholesteatoma reduces the risk of hearing the loss in children
- Treating ear infections quickly and thoroughly helps monitor the formation of cysts
- The occurrence of cholesteatoma is reduced with local treatment
- Vitamin A has proven to be very effective in treating hyperkeratosis, this can be a therapeutic option for cholesteatoma as well
- Research has shown that Cortisporin and Vitamin A is considered effective as local treatment
- Always consult an ENT specialist for better diagnosis and treatment.