Your doctor may ask you to stay indoors and avoid mosquitoes.This may also help in reducing the virus from spreading. In severe cases of yellow fever, the patient will be admitted to the hospital
- Blood pressure will be monitored.
- Fluids to be given intravenously.
- For replacement of blood loss.
- Dialysis for the kidney.
- To monitor liver functions.
- Vaccination – Make sure to get the vaccination before traveling to the regions where yellow fever is prevalent. Get a vaccination shot, if you are feverish post your trip. Anyone who has not got a shot of the yellow fever vaccine is prone to getting yellow fever.
- Wear protective gear.
- Use skin and non-skin mosquito repellents.
- Use a bug spray.
- Avoid direct contact with the infected individual, as it can lead to yellow fever spreading.