Improves lung disorders
- Studies have indicated that breathing exercises can drastically increase lung function during a bout of asthma or COPD.
- Studies have indicated that performing breathing exercise not only increases the lung function but also the overall lifestyle as the person is able to be more active with better breathing.
Reduces blood pressure
- Studies have indicated that performing breathing exercises in stressful situations can help reduce blood pressure and relieve the symptoms of anxiety and stress.
Limit stress and anxiety
- Studies have indicated that performing breathing exercise can reduce this anxiety and depression by sending signals to the brain.
- These signals would convey messages to the brain to secrete hormones that can regulate the heartbeat as well as secrete hormones that provide a soothing effect such as serotonin.
Help reduce insomnia
- Studies have indicated that insomnia can be reduced by performing breathing exercises.
- Following the breathing exercise can calm your brain down and help the brain to secrete hormones that would help you fall asleep.