Olive oil is one of the best component which rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are beneficial for health.
(1) Helps in weight loss : It gives a feeling of satiety, thus making us eat less food thereby reducing our calorie intake.
(2) Good for digestion: Lubricates our digestive system and keeps it healthy. It also maintains regular bowel movements, preventing constipation.
(3) Reduces Risk of Stroke: Polyphenols in olive oil reduce levels of cholesterol in the blood. Thus cholesterol deposition in the arteries supplying blood to the brain is prevented.
(4) Boon on Skin: Vitamin E and antioxidant content of Olive oil help to maintain healthy skin.
(5) Reduces Risk of Cancer: Consuming olive oil effectively reduces the risk of cancers of bowel, breast, colon, endometrium, prostate etc. Hydroxytyrosol and tocopherol exhibit potent anti-cancer properties.