Mouth rinse and toothpaste may be prescribed to those who have severe plaque formation on their teeth. These mouth rinses are prescribed to help kill off the bacteria.
At times, patients are recommended to meet gum specialists to help remove the bacteria that have formed in gum pockets. Damaged teeth are also removed as they contain the most number of bacteria.
• Brush your teeth after a meal.
• Floss at least once a day.
• Avoid having a dry mouth.
• Visit the dentist regularly.
• Avoid foods that can cause bad breath.
• Change your toothbrush regularly.
• Make sure that you clean your denture and dental appliances regularly.
• Do not forget to clean your tongue.